Community engagement has always been high on the agenda in SN Power. We believe that a good relationship with the communities in which we operate is very important and is only achieved thought a meaningful and positive long-lasting dialogue.
A Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) is an important pillar of the stakeholder engagement process, since it creates opportunities for companies and communities to identify problems and discover solutions together. SN Power requires that a Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM) is put in place at the project level for all projects moving into detailed planning phase and construction. The concerns and complaints of project-affected people and other stakeholders can be freely made and will be addressed in a manner that is fair, transparent, objective and constructive.
We will encourage local communities and other stakeholder groups to use our corporate grievance mechanism to raise any concerns about our projects. Individual project may have tailormade Grievance Procedure and System adjusted to the national context and we refer to the respective project sites and follow instructions for filling a complaint, comment or suggestion. For Grievances submitted directly to SN Power through the corporate GM the following Grievance Procedure will be applicable.
- Submitting a Grievance trough the web-based grievance mechanism form
- Automatically registered in our grievance register and e-mail confirming receipt
- SN Power’s Shared Services team will assign the grievance to the relevant Project Director and agree on follow up.
- Assessment of grievance complaint
- Response to grievance holder with proposed action
- Dialogue with grievance holder and close grievance.
- All grievances will be stored in the Grievance database for 5 years
We aim for a maximum response time of 15 working days. Please see below for the public grievance mechanism form.