Location: Manila, Philippines
Terms of employment: Local hire, full-time permanent – competitive terms & conditions
The Business Manager & Project Controller will support the Executive Vice President of Asia in operational and business development oversight, as well as project controlling for the Asia region. The Business manager & Project Controller will join project teams in matters regarding business and project development, M&A as well as asset management related initiatives. The position will report directly to the EVP of the Asia region and will be based at SN Power’s office in Manila. International travel will be required from time to time.
What an eligible candidate can expect:
• To take part in investments in the fast-growing renewable energy sector
• To take part in asset management, business development, M&A and development of greenfield renewable energy projects
• To contribute to sustainable development and economic growth in developing countries
• An employment with a truly international company where all projects and assets are located in Asia, Africa and Latin-America
• To work in a lean and dynamic working environment
As Business Manager Asia:
• Coordinate JV board level preparatory activities and manage the completion and distribution of documents ahead of JV board or other JV governance related meetings, with the highest attention to details possible.
• Organize regional management meetings, manage agenda, minutes and document deadlines.
• Assist the EVP of Asia in reviewing ongoing business activities and engagements on a detailed level and help to prioritize matters in a proactive manner.
• On a regular basis, prepare presentations and reports to the board and management.
As Project Controller Asia:
• Follow up time sheets, supplier invoices and other costs for projects in Asia.
• Support Project Directors in preparing project budgets and forecasts.
• Follow up performance of actual versus project budget/forecast
• Prepare regular and ad hoc reports to both internal and external parties.
• Assist in the preparation of supply contracts and follow up economic performance under such contracts.
• Handle the risk management follow-up and reporting for all projects in Asia.
• University degree in business/finance/economics with excellent records
• Min. 3-5 years of working experience from project controlling or relevant area, preferably from the energy or infrastructure industry
• Analytical and with excellent numerical capability
• High ability to distill, summarize and contextualize large amounts of information, excellent problem-solver
• Be highly dependable and a great team player
• Working experience in a multi-national/global environment, experience in projects in emerging markets is a plus
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Be fully proficient in use of presentation tool kits (MS PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, and/or Flash), electronic distribution of keynote messages.
• Be a good negotiator to ensure that practical arrangements in relation to SN Power Asia management are managed smoothly, efficiently and cost effectively.
The successful candidate will need to show attention to details, be flexible, show initiative and have the ability to work independently as well as contributing in a team. The preferred profile must be friendly, efficient, and a quality conscious service provider both internally and externally.
Motivation and attitude will be weighted in the process.
Please send your application including CV as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also use this email if you have any queries related to the vacancy.